Friday, April 24, 2009

2009 BWCA Trip Planning

Finally got together with Jim and Dave to discuss this year’s Boundary Waters trip. For a while I had a sense that we would never get it off the ground so I am glad that we made a decision on date and location: BWCA Entrance Point #41 on Brule Lake, off the Sawbill Trail. For me, this is a new location. The vast majority of my trips were from Echo Trail and the Ely area, and one from the end of Gunflint Trail. Jim said that he and Mary had done a trip from Sawbill Lake. We are excited to take our group to a new area!


View BWCA 2009 Planning in a larger map

On the recommendation of a colleague I bought a new book, Exploring the Boundary Waters: A Trip Planner and Guide to the BWCAW by Daniel Pauly. An excellent guide! Dave had bought it this spring, too he liked it as well. I hear that Pauly is also behind Voyageur Maps, an alternative to the Fisher and McKanzie maps; they also have a good online presence. Here is a link to the map for the wider area around Brule Lake (Voyageur Map #9).

No comments:

Post a Comment