Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Big Fork River Trip

Preparations, June-July 2012

I decided on the Big Fork fairly quickly when opening my copy of Paddling Minnesota and checking out its entry on the Minnesota DNR State Water Trail site. I then contacted Wild River Adventures (aka Rivers North Outfitters) by email to arrange a shuttle. Bill, the owner, was very responsive and had answers to all of my questions. He was also very flexible and understanding when I had to change the date of the trip from early to mid July. A ride for myself was $90

I assembled the crew by asking James to invite a couple of his buddies. He invited Joe and Noah, they were excited and raring to go. Especially Noah was excited about doing some fishing.

The rest was following my checklist and making sure I would not forget any essential items.

No comments:

Post a Comment