Sunday, October 11, 2009

2009 Namekagon--Drive Home



The drive back to St. Paul was rather uneventful. I failed to comment on the landscape on the west side of Namekagon Trail. There were deep depressions, almost dead-end valleys, sandy, barren, with no growth other than low bushes, almost like sage brush of the western plains. Foreign-looking in this woodland of deciduous trees interspersed with stands of white pine, quite intriguing and attractive.

I stopped once more to tighten the front strap a little more and then no more need to stop till Joel's, not even for gas. One 15 minute slow-down ahead of the construction site on Interstate 35. And the Vikings were winning. I can't follow a football game, I always asked who scored during a beer commercial because it featured a raucous crowd. Unfortunately we had to find out that the Twins lost their Friday night game to the those damn Yanks.

By 3:00 I was home and by 3:30 most of the gear was stored or readied or drying or cleaning. And at 4:30 I was driving James to hockey and went for a quick run with Mellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment